• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustys Off Road Kits ??? What do u think?

rockcrawler873

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Whats goin on?
I posted a question about Re-Gearing and I got comments about the Rustys Kits. To all of those who have a Rustys off road kit or to any who have perviously owned one or just someone with facts about the kit if you could please send the facts along to me either good or bad?? thank you
---chris

Yeah i posted on you thread about regearing. I love rustys offroad. 100% support. Their kits and parts are made nice especially for the price you pay and I think other will tell you that their customer service is excellent. I broke the tre on their adjustable trac bar and after calling rusty up he sent me a new one no charge. Got here in like 2 days also.

Yup I just posted on your other thread as well....and despite what I said about my 4.5" lift sitting at 7", I still stand behind what they sell. All of the components are burly except for the t-case drop kit, but if your going 6.5" dont even bother with that, just get it over with and do an sye....i am. Also, get steel braided brake lines because the brake line extensions give me enough line to drive on the street, but are seriously stretched out in the dirt. My rear end sat about an inch higher than my front when i first installed the kit, but a couple 75 pound bags of mortar mix is currently helping that problem. Also, my e-brake cable is streched out pretty hard, you would probably need to look into getting a longer one with a 6.5" lift.
HTH man, any other questions just ask.

absolutely, it sucks reading through 20 pages of search threads when 1 person can give you the answer you need in 1 or 2 posts

If you do a search for Rusty's you will likely read alot of critisism. And you will also read alot of possitive feedback.

I have several of rusty's components (4.5" lift coils, TB, Slip Yoke, 3" aal) and have installed at least 3 other 3" lifts of his in friends trucks, and my brother has his 4.5" lift. I have had nothing but good experience and customer service from him and his products.

Michael

I've rusty AAL 3" + 1.75" spacers & shackles, on two XJ, it ride very well, good quality/price.
Here in italy we make trial and the AAL is a bit too stiff, so on one of the car are now installed custom springs.
After one year of use on trail/road the cars keeping the lift height

2xtreme said:
I have had nothing but good experience and customer service from him and his products.

I have had nothing but the opposite. YMMV.

I have had very good luck with Rusty's. The prices are right and so far everything has held up well. I currently have 3" coil springs, shackles, cross member, intake kit, and a smattering of other things. Thumbs up from me.

I have his 6.5 long arm, adjustable coil spacers up front, 6.5 rear packs, 1.75" shackles, Tcase Skid, and the list goes on. I have replaced all the bushings once in the last 2 years. Everything continues to get beat on real hard and keeps going. Made 10 runs this year between Rousch creek, Gore, Crozet, and pushed the hole thing real hard.
I added a Ram Assist (With Rusty's assistance) 2 months ago. Fixed the bump steer I had. XJ drives better on the road now than it did 2 years ago with his 4.5 inch lift.
I support Rusty's Products.

Oh Yeah, the Xj sits on 38 TSL/SXs.

Derik

Back