• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE leaf pack question

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
since i bought my RE 4.5 SF kit 2 years ago i had regularly suspected something was not "right" about my leaf packs. the kit has 4.5" coils, 3.5" packs and a 1" shackle. the rear in that combination always sat high. new, unloaded was over 7". after a lil settleing and the regular 400# of junk in the back it sat around 6.5". the lift has now been swapped into my daily driver for almost a year and the front sits at 5" and the rear with ONLY the supposed 3.5" packs sits at 5" on a stock shackle.

first off i am incredibly happy with the ride and the abuse the RE leafs can handle. but i an really doudting the legitimacy of my 3.5" packs now. i'm thinkin they sent me 4.5" packs and i never caught it.
i cant get a # off them any more but they are 6-leaf packs. i recently looked at someone elses 3.5" packs and they were 5-leaf.

aside from a call to RE about this, how many leafs are in YOUR 3.5" and 4.5" RE leaf packs.?

My RE 3.5" packs (RE 1463) matched up beautifully with my RE XJ 4.5" coils and have six leaves.

sidriptide said:
since i bought my RE 4.5 SF kit 2 years ago i had regularly suspected something was not "right" about my leaf packs. the kit has 4.5" coils, 3.5" packs and a 1" shackle. the rear in that combination always sat high. new, unloaded was over 7". after a lil settleing and the regular 400# of junk in the back it sat around 6.5". the lift has now been swapped into my daily driver for almost a year and the front sits at 5" and the rear with ONLY the supposed 3.5" packs sits at 5" on a stock shackle.

first off i am incredibly happy with the ride and the abuse the RE leafs can handle. but i an really doudting the legitimacy of my 3.5" packs now. i'm thinkin they sent me 4.5" packs and i never caught it.
i cant get a # off them any more but they are 6-leaf packs. i recently looked at someone elses 3.5" packs and they were 5-leaf.

aside from a call to RE about this, how many leafs are in YOUR 3.5" and 4.5" RE leaf packs.?
I have some RE 3.5" leafs sitting on my garage floor right now. There are 5 leaves with one really short for a total of 6. My buddy has RE 4.5" springs on his garage floor; I'll try and get over and count them, and maybe even snap a pic of them side by side.

Back