• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$7700 a fair price for a 01 Sport 4x4?

KBB says 7600 for a private party and 10,800 for a dealer price. It's listed by a small dealership so it seems fair.

What should I go in asking? What are some "real world" prices you guys have been paying?

BeJay1981 said:
Does this seem reasonable? It has 65,000 miles. Power windows/locks, cd player, automatic. Super clean with no dings.

I work at a Jeep dealer in California. We got one just like that on our lot for $12.6K. I saw our price and just laughed.

$7700 sounds like a great price.

got my 01 Sport in May with 41000 miles for just under $13k. 4dr, 4x4 (np231 t-case), automatic, yellow/black leather seats, power windows locks & mirrors, rear defrost & wiper, cd player, tinted windows.

Paid pretty much what the "suggested" retail price is. Should have asked for a little back because the tires were the original tires, I'm replacing them this week. yucky Goodyear Wrangler RT/S... worthless in the rain I was pretty shaken up from getting broadsided by a speeding Lexus, so I wasn't in the mood for haggling.

Go to www.cars.com. You will find what cars are selling for in your geographic area which is not always the same as kbb. Fair price is what you're willing to pay and the seller is willing to give it to you for.

rumblebelly said:
In Feb I paid $8500 for a 00 Classic with 72K from a used dealer. Had a couple of dings, needed fluids changed.

If somebody offered me $8500 for my '00 Sport (2 dr, 60k), there might be an empty spot in the garage on a moment's notice...

I bought it at the end of the lease for $8800 last spring!

Den

Thank you got all the replies, they have been a lot of help.

I drove it today and everything seems in good working order! There were a couple of scratches on the top of the rear bumper that I didnt see previously but that isn't a major deal.

Thanks again, I think im gonna go ahead and grab it.

now the question is what to do with the 93? Swap my lift to the new one or just start all over?

Not to pile on ...

That's a good price, but go with $7200 in one pocket and $500 in the other. ;}

I bought my 00 Sport with $60k miles. Sounds similar, without CD for $7200 -- but it wasn't a Florida (not rusted!) vehicle.

I think I got a good deal. One caveat, though .. if you plan on putting on lots of miles on your new vehicle, may consider one that gets better mileage. Oh, and is it a 4.0 liter engine? That's very important. (Not sure if they offered a different engine in the Cherokee.)

They only offered the 4.0L engine in 2001.

Back