• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help!lift!

jeepinxj99

NAXJA Forum User
finially got the money for a lift...i have 950 to spend on a lift. Im looking for around 3-5in. or so. Ive looked at just about every lift but i cant decide so i thought i would ask for help. Should i go with a RE 3.5? Any help appreciated!

Look at the NAXJA sponsors. Give them a call or e-mail. Contact FullSizeXJGear (Richard) or one of the other guys. Do more searching. There are several "kits" you can get. Be sure you get what you need. There is usually a huge difference between 3.5, 4.5, and 5.5 inch kits. Costs, parts, modifications, etc...

You can also give Dirk a call at DPG (http://www.dpgoffroad.com/).

Any of these guys will work with you.

Good luck!

from the rockyroad page;
"Almost as bad as poor quality springs nowadays are some of the "long arm" kits. Most of these kits do not allow your front axle to cycle up and down in the manner it was designed, which is why they ride so terrible at highway speeds. Long arm kits are fine for vehicles trailered to the trails. If you want to keep your vehicle and passenger's safe though, stay away from this latest fad as the rotating castor on these systems makes for screwy handling and you will curse the day you wasted money on it."
are they saying that short arms are better? i thought long arms were suposed to ride better, and ive seen them flex better

That quote is interesting. My long arms (I built them), rode like a caddy, on and off the trail. As for flex, It almost flexed too much.

What do you expect from a company that sells aluminum lift blocks for a Cherokee???

Last edited:
Back