• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rims

ewander

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, what rims are you guys running with your 35X12.50 tires? I.e. what width and backspacing do you run? 15X8 vs. 15X10, etc... I need to upgrade in the rim department or get some wheel spacers.

ewander said:
Hey, what rims are you guys running with your 35X12.50 tires? I.e. what width and backspacing do you run? 15X8 vs. 15X10, etc... I need to upgrade in the rim department or get some wheel spacers.

Get new rims, wheel spacers are not good to run and wear stuff out quicker. I'd run 8" rims for the rock crawling trails in Utah where you are at. You'll find that is what people who wheel will run. The tire grabs rocks better and you will not pop a bead as easy as the 10" rim.

35x12.5x15 Truxs on 15x8 4.0B.S. AR-767's

Going to 38x12.5x15 TSL/SX on 15x8 4.0 B.S. Beadlocks.

on a 10.5 wide tire, use a 4.75 inch BS rim. This will allow the whole tire to tuck up into the fender wells. You may still need to trim to the pinch weld in the rear and open the front a little to fully stuff the 34's. I ran 33x10.5 swampers on 4.5 inch lift (with shackles and coils spacers for about 5.5 total lift) on 4.75 BS rims. They did not contact the outside of the fender wells.

If your looking for a little more stability or as you go to a wider tire that will never go into the fender wells, that use a 4 in BS rim. It's a nice compromise between how much sticks out from the flares and keeping as much turning radius as you can.
Im on 38x12.5x15 on a 4in BS rim.

D

Back