• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JkS Bar pin eliminator install

Stonycar

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys! I ordered a pair of JKS BPEs for the rear since im doin the rock lizard budget boost. But I was wondering how you guys have installed them. I just dont want to cut holes in my trunk even though it would be probably easier. SO the ones who have installed them from the bottom just tell me how it went pleaz !!!!! Thx buddies

Stonycar said:
Hi guys! I ordered a pair of JKS BPEs for the rear since im doin the rock lizard budget boost. But I was wondering how you guys have installed them. I just dont want to cut holes in my trunk even though it would be probably easier. SO the ones who have installed them from the bottom just tell me how it went pleaz !!!!! Thx buddies
:confused: you install the bpe's into shocks instead of the bar pins and then you bolt them up the same way to the jeep as you would have bolted the barpin.

Stonycar said:
I just dont want to cut holes in my trunk even though it would be probably easier.

You have a trunk? Why does mine not have one :mad:

sintax said:
You have a trunk? Why does mine not have one :mad:

:wierd:

Yeah, just bolt the BPE to your mounts and then your shocks to the other end of the BPE. You can get the BPE in different sizes as well and compensate for shorter shocks.

I installed. As mentioned goes into original location. Mount the BPE onto the shock first using grease to push the bar through the shock upper mounting hole. If you are using OME shocks, you will need a washer to take up the slack between the upper shock mount and the BPE. Compress slightly with a clamp and put BPE together( including washer).
You will note on JKS website that they do not make or recommend the BPE for the OME shocks; this is why you have to use the washer for the slack space.
You can go the DPG website and find Dirk's installation instructions.
Works great.
The hardest part is removal of your orignial without stripping things.

Last edited:
Kejtar said:
:confused: you install the bpe's into shocks instead of the bar pins and then you bolt them up the same way to the jeep as you would have bolted the barpin.

NO WAY....

Shirley you jest.

DONT CALL HIM SHIRLEY

Back