• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

231, 242 front driveshaft

AZ XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just got back from the junkyard where I picked up a stock front driveshaft for my sye conversion. My only question is, the donor xj had a 242 t-case, and I have a 231. The shaft appears to be the same as what I have in my Jeep, but I just want to make sure that it will work for my conversion, if not, I got the warranty ;)

AZ XJ said:
I just got back from the junkyard where I picked up a stock front driveshaft for my sye conversion. My only question is, the donor xj had a 242 t-case, and I have a 231. The shaft appears to be the same as what I have in my Jeep, but I just want to make sure that it will work for my conversion, if not, I got the warranty ;)
If it's the same length, it will work.

Okie Terry said:
If it's the same length, it will work.

Awesome, It's out of a 91 XJ Laredo with the 4.0, AW4, and 242 combo, so I dont see a reason why it wouldn't work, as it appears to be the same length.
Thanks for the info.

Back