• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick Cable Question

noresttill

NAXJA Forum User
Im ordering my supplies to do my lights.

Is 25' of 4 ga welding cable sufficient to run as a powerline?? (Im mimicking FitchVA's setup by running power to the back and setting up my relays and such there.)

thanks

Jesse

Hell yea you will be fine...a bit overkill to me but hey good to be on the safe side.

They are Boeing 747 aircraft lights. Used to illuminate the wing at night for ice formation inspections at 30,000+ feet, at 500+ mph.

They go by part number Q4631 and are made by GE and Phillips. The GEs cost $70, the Phillips only $40. I've mounted mine in a $16 1/4" thick rubber housing from Nappa. ( Google the part number and see what shows up ).

The bulbs are about 4.5" in diameter and are really the same size as the $30 spot/flood lights used on fork lifts or tractor trailers. See http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep...33709QQitemZ8009449599QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

The only draw backs is that you need a good charging system or else you can't leave them on for a long time. Also, best for when driving since they do get hot ( can't stay still for more than 10 minutes, even thou I've yet to see one blow due to overheating itself ).

As for brightness, everyone who's seen one has to pick up their jaw. My friend used to have $250 PIAAs and he says that these are still brighter.

Back