• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electric Fan conversion - Temp control question

96 Cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I assume from reading posts on the electric fan conversion that most of you tap into the wires to the stock electric fan so they both come on together. Because I run a rural mail route with my Jeep, I want the new 16" electric fan to come on at 200 or 210 degrees. The stock electric fan comes on at 217 or so, and of course with the A/C compressor also. I bought a 2900 CFM fan and variable temp control by Perma-Cool. I was going to tap into the stock temp sensor somehow, but in talking with the dealer mechanic, he said that temp sender goes to the computer, and it may cause a problem to tap into it. It involves resistance and other electrical stuff I don't understand. So is there a thermostat housing with two temp sender ports? If not, how is the best way to wire my main electric fan independent of the stock electric fan?

I mounted the sender for mine in the radiator fins by the upper radiator hose and it is working great so far (~2 weeks). According to the temp gauge it is switching on at the proper temp.
HTH
Nathan

natep1 said:
I mounted the sender for mine in the radiator fins by the upper radiator hose and it is working great so far (~2 weeks). According to the temp gauge it is switching on at the proper temp.
HTH
Nathan

I think my sender is made to screw into the tapped hole in the thermostat housing. What brand did youy use?

Hayden. ~$35 at Murrays.
Even had it in stock?!

Back