• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no vibes but need info on a longer slip

Ben H

NAXJA Forum User
Just upgraded from a 3" to a 5" lift. It looks good, flexes good, and I am amazed that there are no vibes (had vibes from the front end and fixed it by shortening the LCA's). But I do have a concern about the length that was taken from the rear output shaft. I am worried about dropping my driveline whilst romping. I ordered a longer slip from Mako, only to find it doesnt apply to 1997+. Do I need to lengthen my shaft or is there a compatible slip yoke out there that will make up for the inch of loss.
Can I get a thought or two on this. Thanks

2000 xj sport. 5" lift, NP231j, 8 1/4 rear.

i believe a 1995 tj yoke is longer ( but thats just what i have been told )

steagall9301 said:
i believe a 1995 tj yoke is longer ( but thats just what i have been told )

Hell of a feat to pull off a 95 TJ. ;) I know you meant YJ...but the XJ is the same. Early XJs had shorter slip yokes than the 95+ XJ, YJ, and TJ..etc.

The longer yokes sold by various folks are same as the 95+.

so is what you guys are telling me is that i need a longer drive shaft, possibly limit straps? if i dont have rear vibration then i dont want to spend the money on an sye. or should i? i think i can have my drive shaft lengthened for around $175.

bj-666 said:
the point of a sye is not just to eliminate vibes

enlighten me - what is the point then? :D

a 1/4 inch is a lot closer than no inch at all. i might take that if it will make a difference.

Back