• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf Sprung Front reinforcement

donkeypunch

NAXJA Forum User
Planning on swaping the front axel over this week possibly and i'm trying to figure out any reinforcements required to make this work. Probably going to hang a shackle off my front bumper for the front mount and mount the rear of the spring in the stock lower control arm bracket. My question is what, if anything, needs to be done to the stock bracket to make sure it is strong enough to support the spring (z.b. gussett, plates, etc.)? Any useful opinions would be appreciated.

I have the leaves on the front of an MJ. The MJ's LCA mounts are reinforced allready. I think that if they are strong enough to hold the CA's, then they are strong enough for the leaves.

The front of the leaf springs are a different story. you need good welds, and a good strong cross member or a well attatched steel bumper (not the stock one). Mine are welded, and bolted with grade 8 hardware.

Back