• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U-Bolts

Beachmonkey6

NAXJA Forum User
Im installin a 3 in add a leaf lift here pretty soon and i need to know whether or not i need to replace my u bolts. Or is it alright if i just keep the stock ones?? (ive got a '90 xj) Thanks

Beachmonkey6 said:
Im installin a 3 in add a leaf lift here pretty soon and i need to know whether or not i need to replace my u bolts. Or is it alright if i just keep the stock ones?? (ive got a '90 xj) Thanks
The big question is: are they long enough. If they are and the ubolts look good, I"d keep them.

Beachmonkey6 said:

When I did my 3" AAL (Rusty's) the stock ones were plenty long enough. I have the trusty D35.(for now anyway)

If you remove your rear sway bar, you will get extra bolt lenth to use. That is what I did when I installed my pack.. the stock u bolts werent quite long enough for the new pack and sway bar. You probably will want to remove the sway bar anyway..

Why do you not need the sway bar? I don't do much offroading, and when i do travel off the paved path, it's not hardcore. I just installed a 2" RE AAL lift and i'm loving it, but the tips of my ubolt barely come past the nuts. What would getting rid of the sway bar do for my ride on the roads and highways?

Tossing the rear sway bar is no biggie and changes things very little. The front is another story

Back