• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Drop brackets missing pieces?

JohnX

Sarge
NAXJA Member
I just bought some used drop brackets from someone on this board (who will remain nameless for now) and all they sent me was the 2 main brackets and the smaller boomerang shaped brackets. Shouldn't there be a couple of plastic spacers and some large support brackets that run back along the frame rails? And what about hardware?

Was I expecting too much for $200?

JohnX said:
I just bought some used drop brackets from someone on this board (who will remain nameless for now) and all they sent me was the 2 main brackets and the smaller boomerang shaped brackets. Shouldn't there be a couple of plastic spacers and some large support brackets that run back along the frame rails? And what about hardware?

Was I expecting too much for $200?

Sounds like a PITA when you can get the whole thing, new, for around $240.

Seems like a good deal if it had all the hardware... The guy who sold them should pony up some cash for the missing stuff. Depends on the situation and deal terms.

Depending on how old they are (I just bought a set off ebay) they may come with metal spacers instead buy grade 8 bolts for the kit dont use what it came with for safty reasons. The braces are an option and not reqired but if you run hard order them. as for the 200 I paid 75 on ebay and it came with CA's

ECKSJAY said:
Sounds like a PITA when you can get the whole thing, new, for around $240.

Seems like a good deal if it had all the hardware... The guy who sold them should pony up some cash for the missing stuff. Depends on the situation and deal terms.
Drop brackets run $260 from RE and bracer run $80 more (braces not included with the drop brackets)

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/dynamic/mainpage.asp?folderid=820

I guess its my own damn fault then... I got in a hurry and instead of asking, just assumed this would be the whole setup for that kind of dough. Still seems like he should be a little more reasonable about the price though.

It should have 4 plastic spacers and 4 grade-8 bolts, nuts and washers.
That's going to cost you a few bucks.

The XJ braces are usually sold separately. You can fab the braces but it’s a bit of work.

No...it was NOT me who sold the DBs to JohnX. :D (I am however going to buy a spare axle shaft from him)

I'm keeping my $20 junkyard special drop brackets that I picked up last weekend. Just have to order up the braces and fab up some spacers.

JohnX,
I didn't like the idea of plastic spacers (actually tough Delrin) and made alloy spacers for mine. Somewhere in my lathe scraps I must still have those spacers.
Well I just looked and I only have three (there are supposed to be two wide ones, two narrow ones), one narrow one got turned into some smaller parts.
Well there's three of them if you can't get them.

- RobertF

RobertF,

Thanks for the offer, but all I need is the measurements if you have those, that would be great. I can turn some myself.

Thanks,
John

Okie Terry said:
E pluribus unum, my friend, E pluribus unum.
Oh and carpe diem, while your at it.

Molon Labe

GTFO.gif

ECKSJAY said:
Depends on who you buy them from.

:gag:

:D
Yes, go with a VAR, the difference in price will easily make up for the shipping and/or even more kit.

Dirk at DPG has always been good to me.

Back