• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snatch blocks

mknack

NAXJA Forum User
Just got my Warn XD9000 in the other day, and looks and works great! Im now trying to locate all of the other recovery gear to go along with it. I have plenty of straps and tree protectors, but I need a few snatch blocks. I have been trying to price them as best I can to get the deal. So far, they seem a little pricey $50 or more each. Is there anywhere anyone knows of where you could get a couple decent ones for a little cheaper? I want at least 10,000 lb capability just to be safe.

HERE

That's where we get everything to stock our tow trucks. Good prices and good equipment.

Snatch block?

Is that like a chastity belt???

No really, if your winch will pull a line load of 9000 lb then you should be looking for at least a 20000 lb snatch block since the block will double the pulling force.

Dirk Pitt said:
Snatch block?

Is that like a chastity belt???

No really, if your winch will pull a line load of 9000 lb then you should be looking for at least a 20000 lb snatch block since the block will double the pulling force.

if this were true then why would warn sell 10,000 blocks.wouldn't you think that they would be selling the right rated block to go with their winches.your aren't going to find them for less then 50 bucks

Wil Badger said:
if this were true then why would warn sell 10,000 blocks.wouldn't you think that they would be selling the right rated block to go with their winches.your aren't going to find them for less then 50 bucks

I don't know what Warn sells. Perhaps they rate them on the size of the winch they are for? In that case a 10,000 lb block would be great match for a 9000 lb winch.

I do know that the snatch block will double the pulling force of the winch and cut the line speed in half.

It's also possible that the 10,000 lb block is for 5000 lb winches.

I don't know. Perhaps calling Warn would help???

EDIT

I just checked Warn's website and my previous statement holds true.

If you are using a 9,000 lb winch you would want a snatch block rated for a minimum of 18,000 lb.

http://www.warn.com/truck/accessories/snatch_blocks_.shtml

I know that I prolly will end up paying the full price that I have been seeing out there, but you can at least ask right?

The reason I would like to pay less is because I DID PAY ALOT for the winch. Any money saved is money used on other things I need for the jeep.

i swear they used to sell 10,000.i thought my was labeled as a 10 but i just went out and look sure enough it was 16,000.oh well i'm covered,hehehe

Back