• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Old Man Emu Lift Questions and Pic Request

Locked99XJ

NAXJA Member #1043
I am looking into lifting my new cherokee with OME 2.5" medium duty kit. I will probably use an ACOS and 1.5" shackle as well to get it to about 4", RE trac bar, and RE LCA's with OME shocks. I have heard that these springs ride very well, but I have also heard that they do not hold up to any heavy wheeling. Any experience? Also where is the best place to buy this kit with the best prices? Which springs would be the best option light, medium, or heavy duty? Also any pics if you all have them. Thanks.

I had the OME 2.5" med duty in the rear of my 93 xj. I thought they were great springs. Certainly rode better than what I have now. Only used them for 1 year and then went bigger. I never noticed them sag at all. I bought them from www.rocky-road.com

holeshot said:
I had the OME 2.5" med duty in the rear of my 93 xj. I thought they were great springs. Certainly rode better than what I have now. Only used them for 1 year and then went bigger. I never noticed them sag at all. I bought them from www.rocky-road.com

Holy crap, what a lousy choice of colors for that web site, can barely read the darn thing....

A search will show much discussion this subject.
I just completed the install of the OME. Order the stuff from Dirk at DPG
http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
I installed the "grand" cherokee front coils, the spring pack with the add-a leaf, OME long shocks, JKS track bar, JKS disco.
After putting heavy rear bumper with tire carier and front bumper with winch, the hieight was 4" in the rear and 2.5" in the front. The addition of a 1.5" coil spacer and the whole thing is 4" lift. 31" tires and alot of armor/weight.
The ride is stiff, but noty overly harsh. I have frame stiffners too.
I am happy with the ride, can not comment on the off-road, because have not done it yet.

I've been running OME 2.5 with spacers and shackles for 4" of lift, for several years. The ride is great.
The rear srping are quite soft. To soft with a third seat, 6 people and a full roof rack. I added the OME add-a-leaf. That help a bunch when with a load.
It did stiffen the ride a bit. I only really noticed it when I was alone. But is ride still nice.
The only issue I have had is that I am still running the shocks for the 2.5" llift. I had to make spacers to adjust for the additional lift. If you get the lift as a kit and plan to add the 1.5" substitute longer shocks. If the venders are not sure about the shock length give ARB USA a call and talk to them.
Do get that new track bar and LCAs.

I got my OME stuff from Greg at www.rocky-road.com. I have also bought from Dirk at DPG http://www.dpgoffroad.com. I have had good service from both. See where you get the best deal.

Since I have no heavy bumpers, bumper winches, or racks, and only armor underneath, the ride with the stiffer springs can be described as "Short, and too the point." Not REAL stiff, per se, just real solid. It sure makes it nice when I can go ripping and jumping over stuff that others must crawl over tho.... :laugh3:

Back