• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

exhaust size?

haynesn12

NAXJA Forum User
i ripped the exhaust of my mj off-roading today. so i went and bought a 2 and a quater inch dynomax muffler and i am getting tubing tommarow. my question is. should i have gone with 2.5 or is 2.25 a good size. i did some searching andsaw that most run 2.5 should i bring it back ad get the 2.5?

Stick with the 2.25" if you don't have a lot of other motor mods. You will be happier overall.

alright thanks you guys. i am going to build a stroker motor over the winter to put in next spring so i can just upgrade the exhaust then if i think it is needed.

alright i went out and bought a hi-flow cat and a ten foot section of 2.25 pipe so i can start making my exhaust monday. my new question is i am going to have to cut the stock cat off before the mounting plate. the problem with that is the hanger is tied into that with a bolt. how should i hang the exhaust right there?

Back