• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Largest Tire Size Stock Height

What is the largest tire size I can go with, having stock height? Can I put 30s on if I'm not going to be flexing like crazy? Will they rub with moderate off-roading? The reason I ask, is because I found a good deal on some 30s, but I'm not planning on the 3" lift for another six months or so. Is this a bad idea or can it work?

They will work.
And, I have a set of 5 MTRs in my garage, 30x9.5 with less than 2200 on them. $75 per...............$375 for the set.

I run 30x9.50s for off-road and I've got an '88 at stock height. Slight rubbing on the lower control arms at full steering lock, but that's not a problem -- you get used to it.

If they rub on full lock stick a couple of washers behind the steering stops.

Well I went ahead and put 31s on it. At stock height it looks pretty weird, but with my 3" lift planned next week, it won't look weird for long. No rubbing yet, knock on wood....

With the 31's you will get momentary rubbing in the rear on bumps and if you have a load in the back. If this becomes an issue between now and lift time you might want to look at temp extending your rear bump stops. If you get rubbing at turn steering lock look behind your front wheels, you will see a bolt sticking out of the steering stop, add a washer or two on both sides.

Back