• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Terra Low/ Dana 35

boise49ers

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone run a terra low with a Dana 35 , or has anyone with bad results.
I run 33x10.5 and 4.56. Just wondering if the torque from a Terra low will tear my 35 up ? Thanks

the stock torque is enough to break the D35, I say your asking for problems. but thats just me.

But then agin I blew up a 231 and 3 1310 ujoiunts and my old 27 spline 8.25 held up and it was welded. So id say do it but have another axle ready to bolt in when, not if it happens.

Two trains of thoughts.

Yes, with the lower gears you can apply more torque to the axle and therefore more likely to damage it.

But, if you use that torque wisely (not heavy on the throttle) then you can actually help protect it by not having to hammer on the throttle to get through a section of trail.

Michael

from one Bennett to another - save the cash and give me the 4:1 - my 9" will hold up :D

if you have a deal on a 4:1 then do it - the D35 wont be around that much longer anyway...

Back