• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who has made own Long Arm Setup?

giranger

NAXJA Forum User
My brother has 91 with 10's lift with aftermarket control arms now and wants to go with a longarm setup but would rather make it himself. Does not want to spend the money for a complete kit as he only needs the arms and mounts. So does anyone have any writeups as to what materials, cost and what is involved with pics. He also wants to use bushing ends instead of heims like what Skyjacker uses. TIA Jeff

heres a couple of pics of mine.

2 in 1/4 wall, 1.25 bolts and nuts, RE superflex at the crossmember, stock LCA bushings everywhere else. And a healthy dose of industrial strength glue.

soupbowl.jpg

longarms.jpg

Gary, I hope you've lengthened those limiting strap brake lines. =)

That looks pretty nice Beezil. What do you guys do about the binding associated with radius arms?

That is just too sweet. How much are we looking at to make some?

Chuck, you are wierd :D

Vintage, yup it was pretty close, actually the shocks are the limiting straps, but the brake lines are right there, I had to unbolt them for them to work, they will get fixed before the next run. I had to pull two late nights to get everything ready for the maiden voyage, luckily and strangely enough everything worked rather well despite numerous changes and additions.

Yep, those are cute little radius arm rigs you got guys got there.

front.jpg

:rolleyes:

I certainly havent experienced any binding.Its flexing way better than my RE5.5 kit,I dont need any more front articulation,I need to free up the rear now!
The only binding I have is with the JJ's,since I mounted mine inboard and above the crossmember skid protection I didnt leave enough room for the joint to flex without hitting and loosening the jam nuts.Its an easy fix,just "missed it by that much".

Last edited:
JnJ said:
Bugger welds make you drool? You are wierd......

per my post "axle brackets"

I purposely laid off the bugger welds since Beezil has his mother do the welding. I fail to see the benefit in destroying the special relationship they have together.

MaXJohnson said:
per my post "axle brackets"

I purposely laid off the bugger welds since Beezil has his mother do the welding. I fail to see the benefit in destroying the special relationship they have together.

Opps, didn't know there was some problems with their special relationship. :)
BTW Max, You have the biggest, baddest, signature I have ever seen on NAXJA.:eek:

Back