• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEW TracBar is Still LOOSE?

LoneRanger

NAXJA Forum User
OK, so my old trac bar was loose and would make a terrible poping noise whenever you turned a corner with it, was annoying as all get out!

I went and got a brand new one and it STILL pops! I am going to go outside and try to put a few washers under the nut and see if I cant shim the nut so mabey it will get tighter but what a PITA it is!

got the RE 3.5" lift installed so that is pretty cool.

any help with the trac bar is much appreciated.

L.R.

STEELFISH said:
What did you do for relocation of the trackbar at 3.5" if you redrilled it, that may be part of your problem....

stock trackbar? RE track bar? stock bracket? aftermarket bracket? a little more info would be helpful

the pop might be coming from the bracket being loose not the trackbar itself

langer1 said:
Could also be U-Joints binding because your wheels now turn to far.

spobi....A lift has noting to do with amount of turning radius. that is what the stops on teh axle are for. also if a u joint is poping while turning you gotta replace it.

xjnation said:
spobi....A lift has noting to do with amount of turning radius. that is what the stops on teh axle are for. also if a u joint is poping while turning you gotta replace it.
True but I have seen where stock setups stopped before the stops were needed so after the lift they were need. Also I have seen where the binding and popping was hardly noticeable with a stock suspension but was magnified after lifting.

I am talking about turning the wheel (the steering wheel) 1/4 of a turn while rolling foreward OR backwards to get that pop~!

it is the stock tracbar redrilled on the axle mount (obviously) 3/4". that bolt is TIGHT, no way is it poping. I have not had my wife turn the wheel so I could watch it pop this time I am just hearing it.

I put a single washer under the nut on the frame side of the tracbar before I tightened it down and that helped some. Mabey I need ANOTHER washer under there? I mean heck does the frame mount ever go bad? that doesnt seem likely to me but ya never know~

Alignment tomorrow or Wednesday.

L.R.

LoneRanger said:
I am talking about turning the wheel (the steering wheel) 1/4 of a turn while rolling foreward OR backwards to get that pop~!

it is the stock tracbar redrilled on the axle mount (obviously) 3/4". that bolt is TIGHT, no way is it poping. I have not had my wife turn the wheel so I could watch it pop this time I am just hearing it.

I put a single washer under the nut on the frame side of the tracbar before I tightened it down and that helped some. Mabey I need ANOTHER washer under there? I mean heck does the frame mount ever go bad? that doesnt seem likely to me but ya never know~

Alignment tomorrow or Wednesday.
L.R.

Not to be a prick...but I could be where you redrilled it 3/4" over, it is not the easiest drill as there are 2 pieces of metal seperated by about 3/4" . If its not that (doesn't have to be that either) Check your frame, my frame where the Trackbar mounts was poping...the frame itself (exaderated tin can poping sound) I would have your wife sit in it and move the wheel back and forth for the poping and check the axle mount if it moves at all....not good. Then if that isn't moving check the tie rod end on the faux frame...if it jumps then it is bad...if neither one of those is your culpret, CAREFULLY put your hand on the faux frame where the steering box and track bar attach if it is moving then you found your Huckleberry...let us know how it works out for you.
J

I'm experiencing the same thing, it's driving me crazy! I hope you find out what it is soon so, I can remedy mine!........Hans

yes the stock frame mount can warp and loosen...does it all the time.........aftermarket ones are worse. remember it is unibody where the trackbar mount is it does crush some from flexing... the four mounting locations need to be min. of 80 yo 100 FT LBS. or it will pop there.

While you are under haveyour wife was turn it, hold onto the trackbar to feel it pop
If its a bad trackbar or loose you dont need to be moving to get it to pop it does it worse while sitting still and turning the wheel

LoneRanger said:
Control arm bushings.

i'm sorry i thought the upper "frame" side mount was the problem? in either case this conversion kit from kevins replaces the whole shooting match upper bracket to lower mount and it even gives you better flex! its not cheap but i can tell you its a 100% improvement over any other track bar setup i've tried

joe

its the $$ amount right now. 250 bucks uhhhhh I thought I was done spending money on this thing.

Correction 300.00............

as much as I would LOVE to order that I would like to put on some new factory exhaust first.

L.R.

Back