• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine noise help asap!!!!!!

ttbomb334x4

NAXJA Forum User
My jeep starts up and accelerates really high on its own for like 2 secs. While it does that there is a tink tink tikn sound really fast. It also happens while driving. It sounds kinda like a mercedes diesel lol. It's really not funny. I just got my rear main replaced and the oil pump and oil pan gasket it never happned before this. Somone on jeep fprum said the may not have torqued my rear main bearing. I need help asap. I also used stp oil treatment.

don't mean to hijack, but my truck is making a clunk like a hammer hitting on metal. It happenbs during startup, sometime when I turn the truck off and whenever the rpms drop below 500???

Is this the same scenario you are having?? The sound is coming from the bottom of the engine. (4.0L)

tthompson10 said:
don't mean to hijack, but my truck is making a clunk like a hammer hitting on metal. It happenbs during startup, sometime when I turn the truck off and whenever the rpms drop below 500???

Is this the same scenario you are having?? The sound is coming from the bottom of the engine. (4.0L)
Below 500 rpm? At that point and at startup you engine has to be shaking quite a bit. Look for a bad motor mount or the exaust down pipe hitting something.

ttbomb334x4 said:
My jeep starts up and accelerates really high on its own for like 2 secs. While it does that there is a tink tink tikn sound really fast. It also happens while driving. It sounds kinda like a mercedes diesel lol. It's really not funny. I just got my rear main replaced and the oil pump and oil pan gasket it never happned before this. Somone on jeep fprum said the may not have torqued my rear main bearing. I need help asap. I also used stp oil treatment.

Try and figure out where in the engine the noise is coming from. My MJ does the same thing upon cold startups and it is my valve train making the noise.

Back