• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where to buy persian blue gear compound

VegasAnthony

NAXJA Forum User
where to buy prussian blue gear compound

I tried Napa and they say they dont have any ??
then I called randys and the said they dont have any either??
the also said its not a "gear marking compound" its a mechanic dye ??
so where do I get this stuff??

Last edited:
I got my "gear marking compound" from my Chevy dealer.

Re: where to buy prussian blue gear compound

VegasAnthony said:
the also said its not a "gear marking compound" its a mechanic dye ??
so where do I get this stuff??

If it is a "machinist's dye" you may find it at www.mcmaster.com

for real, how bad is the yellow stuff? I think it comes out just fine :star:
detroitinstalled.jpg

ninegearpattendriveside.jpg

Beezelbub was referring to Prussian Blue ACRYLIC OIL PAINT found hiding in a small tube on a shelf at your local arts & crafts emporium.

cLAYH likes the mello yello, BJ likes the baby blue, I'd be the goofer and mix em both for groovy green... but I have some MOPAR stuff on hand so that's what I'd use first.

Meh, fair enough... but my gears are bigger than your gears! :laugh3:

I got some prussian blue at NAPA, but it NEVER gave me a distinctive pattern like VegasAnthony posted! I much preferred the yellow stuff, but my gear kit didn't come with any and I couldn't find any locally Chevy/Dodge/Jeep dealer included. Jeff

I work at NAPA in Indiana and we have it.My guess you spoke to someone that didnt know what you wanted. Dam kids

I got my prussian blue at the arts/craft store...I tried yellow but liked the blue much more.

langer1 said:
I have used both, the blue shows up ok on used gears but I can't see it on new gears sets because most are black.

ahhh

yes
I tried the blue and its OK but not on new gears , blue on black not good,
but the yellow worked fine

Back