• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BFG allterrains vs. Procomp allterrains

Beachmonkey6

NAXJA Forum User
i know that the guaranteed life on pro comp all terrains are 50,000 miles but i dont know how long the bfg allterrains are supposed to last. what do yall think?

I had a procomp mud terrain side wall blow out on me on the street, and thier customer service blos. go witht eh bfg's.

Beachmonkey6 said:
i know that the guaranteed life on pro comp all terrains are 50,000 miles but i dont know how long the bfg allterrains are supposed to last. what do yall think?
The BFG is the same IIRC. I have a set of ProComp ATs in the 31" flavor and the only thing I don't like is their mud traction. I have had mine for around 15K miles and they are wearing nicely. Just make sure to keep 'em rotated about every 5K miles and they should go almost every bit of the rated 50K.

personally, I like the procomp's. I have had both (33x12.5x15) on my TJ, and I like the ride quality of the procomp's. We were at Paragon in PA during/right after an ice storm and my brother in law was using a new set of them and they were impressive. He was the only one with an A/T, and we thought he would struggle more than he did. As far as I am concerne, they are the tire I will keep on my daily drivers. I also like them for towing a boat around, much better response in the rain and stopping. These are just me observations though..they are both good tires. Procomp does have the buy three get one free though until oct 31.

I run the BFG's and get a lot of miles out of them. But like any other tire the key to making them last is keeping the correct pressure in them, not what's rated on the sidewall, not what the tire shop puts in them. Tire pressures will be different for front and rear and based on actual weight of your rig. Also balancing and monitoring for uneven wear.

alright well i just found out that procomp alls should last about 50,000 miles and BFG alls last about 40,000. Has anyone had both these before? Which one gives better tracktion in the mudd?

Beachmonkey6 said:
alright well i just found out that procomp alls should last about 50,000 miles and BFG alls last about 40,000. Has anyone had both these before? Which one gives better tracktion in the mudd?
I have a set of ProComps and my step-brother had some BFG ATs before he got his MTs. Both my step-dad and step-brother swear by the BFG when it comes to ATs. I don't really see much difference between them and the BFGs. They both suck in the mud, and both are great street tires.

I'd think the BFGs and ProComps will last closer in comparison than that.

Rev Den said:
BFG AT 31" on my work truck are at 85K+ and still have a few more miles left in them.

Rev

On my Expedition, I've got 45,000 on my 35" ATs and there is still tons of tread on it.

Trust me, go with the BFGs and get a warranty.
You have no idea how many more PCs I get back than BFGs and have to change out on warranty.

Okie Terry said:
Trust me, go with the BFGs and get a warranty.
You have no idea how many more PCs I get back than BFGs and have to change out on warranty.

I can believe it. If the ProComp tires are consistent with every other ProComp item I have had, they must suck!

Beachmonkey6 said:
alright well i just found out that procomp alls should last about 50,000 miles and BFG alls last about 40,000.

BS! My ATs are going strong @ 45K+ with many more ahead of them

Last edited:
I've had the BFG A/T's for about a year and a half. I had the Dunlop Radial Rover R/T's before that. I got about 65,000 miles out of those, and didn't rotate them that often. They were, however, louder, and harsher while driving on road. I'm guessing that by estimated mileage the PC's are a little harder than the BFG's so they may give a slightly worse ride, but since their tread appears less aggressive noise shouldn't be that big an issue. I'm quite happy with my BFG's, It snows up here and I wanted something with a little more bite than the PC's offered. I also like their looks better. If you do mostly street driving, the PC's are probably better for you. If you want all purpose, I'd go with the BFG's. If you want something different, check out the Dunlop R/T's. The above issues aside, they were even better in snow than the BFG's, and did pretty good in light mud. Just my 2 cents.

after my expierence with pro-comp shocks

i am unwilling to use any of their compoonents ever again.

oh - and im on my 2nd set of BFG ATs - not because i wore the first set out, but because i went to a larger size...

I am about the replace my BFG AT's and have 75,000 kms ( 46,500 miles ) on them. Have always got that much out of the 3 sets I have used.
To get the right pressures you should use the 4 psi rule. That is the pressure must go up 4 psi from cold to running temp. If less tha 4 psi increase you started too high ( not enough flex in the side walls ) and vise a versa.

Alright thanks guys. Im gonna go with the BFGs. I found 31x10.50x15 for $100 at discound tire co! plus a 50$ mail in rebate. So im gonna buy em there. Thanks again. -Austin

Rev Den said:
WOW....Someone actually listened to the advice offered, get this man a gold star.

Rev

All out of those, Rev.

All we have are the rainbow stickers that Hinkley left behind that day.

That will have to suffice.

Back