• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fluctuating into 4wd(when it wants to)..

nightwolf0829

NAXJA Forum User
Well, my XJ has always been qwirky in 4wd.. But now that im using it more, it seems to get worse. As i was driving home from work today, it went into full time. the selector was in 2wd position. It also goes somewhat into 4part as well, sometimes both lights come on fully.. I'm guessing that it's the vac lines for it (thats all this truck has been, and a starter...). I'm more or less looking for a direction, I dont know if it helps, but my a/c and heat dont work either..

Thanks Guys,
Justin

My XJ kicks Arse

All your seeing is the lights come on.The transfer case is not shifting on its own.That is why there is a lever--to change gears--.What you have is the classic symptom of busted Vac lines.
No heat/AC on only on floor,4wd lights flashing etc. ,Look under the battery for rotted vac lines, check the vac ball behind the pass front bumper cap for cracks/loose hose.
Wayne

Back