• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 Strength

53guy

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I've been contemplating rebuilding my motor and wanting to go bored and stroked and now my question is about the transmission. What is the rated HP/FT lb of the AW4? Where could I find that info out? I can't seem to find anything at all anywhere, so I now rely on you all's knowledge. Any stroker guys have problems with the AW4 and your power? Thanks guys.

i have not run one but from what i hear they are very strong and you should be fine with a stroker install a good tranny cooler and you should be good.

The AW4 is stout, you won't have any problems at all with a stroked and built up 4.0 L. I have one, and a bunch of friends have them.

I'm running one behind a 401, about 400/450 rwhp/tq at times. It's starting to sag really bad on the 1-2 shift, but I got it used and have no idea of the mileage. I think a fresh one will hold up to anything you'd want in an XJ.

Back