• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what would u do?

foxwar71

NAXJA Forum User
ok, heres my problem,
i need new leafs in the rear and new shocks all around. now, i do some weekend mud and mild rocks. this is my DD and i dont wanna go high cuz im a student and cant afford to get an SYE. ive come up with this two options and i want ur guys views on them, but im also open to other ideas:

1. new HD packs from quadratec + RE 2" standard lift

2. new HD packs from quadratec + my old main leafs w/ eye cut-off and possibly another leaf + spacers/F150 coils up front + rancho RS5000 shocks

my only problem that im worried about is that my packs are in tough shape and i dont think that they would bring my up 2". i dont plan on goin any higher and im only runnin 235's, maybe 30's in the future. i keep alot of stuff in the back sometimes or a person or two, so i want something that wont sag too fast. thanks for any responses.

94 XJ, 4.0, AW4, d30, 8.25

thats what i meant, F250 coils. im just worried that with my sagged packs, that when i add the main in, it wont raise it up to what i need/want

AAL's won't fixed a dogged spring - mine stock springs went from bad to worse within 4 months
( I look like I'm going for the old school lowrider look - and the pioneer CS905 speaker in the rear hatch IS pretty pimp )

the Quadratec HD springs are basically the "up country" springs, so there's an inch over stock. For a cool 150 bucks shipped to your door.

Rustys got his three inch coils for 100 a pair (which is cheaper than any of the ones you'll find in those parts mags)
and the 3 inch coils come in 150 and 180 lb ratings.

a 2.5 full length AAL kit from rusty is 60 bucks, and that comes with the new center pin, and they sell U-bolts online for a reasonable price too.

that will yield you 3/3.5 of net lift (probably more though)

all for under 400 bucks

Back