• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire Carrier Lock pin?

Root Moose

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone seen a locking mechanism for a tire carrier that is like a spring loaded locking pin?

The idea was to route a bicycle brake lever to a cable that pulls the pin from the top so that then the tire carrier can swing out.

With the lever mounted to a peice of round tube it should be a fairly easy mechanism to use, even for kids and other small people.

Seen anything like this?

<rant>Ugh, I hate web designers that force a subset of browser on you. Says that because I am running OSX I must install Firefox. Very, very lame web site design at Reid Tool. Learn to code better, dammit!</rant>

Anyway, can you host an image so I can lay an eyeball on it?

HG-9221_LD1.jpg

HG-9261_LD1.jpg

I'm using IE, and it's still has annoyances. Funny .... cause I spent a couple of hours on websites that suck, yesterday.

p.s.
Jebus!

Even getting PDF of catalog page was a chore.

Last edited:
Thanks, that looks workable. I'm thinking drilling a hole in the "L" and attaching a pin or something to attach the cable to.

Spec'ing specific browsers and such is so 1995. In this day an age if you can't code a site that works with any browser than you are either a tard or have a gun with "proprietary technology" engraved on it held to your head. PT only works on intranets where the end to end process is controlled.

"but I digress..."

Back