• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Easiest way to lift the front end.

Chero-King

NAXJA Forum User
I know some of you already know this but for those who dont, and are looking to easily and cheaply raise your front end listen up.

A buddy told me that ford f250 front coils will fit perfectly in place of the stock xj coils and raise it 1.5-2.5"s.
So i went to a wrecker got the front coils out of a '90 or '92(cant remember) F250.They're a lot beefier than the stock coils but Didnt look like they would raise the xj, but i was wrong.
I took the xj coils out and noticed they compressed about 4-5"s.
I put the F250 coils in and they fit perfectly!
and they only compressed about 2-2.5"s. So that right there brought the front end up about 2"s plus i bought a 2" spacer so my front end in total came up 3.75-4"s.

Prices
2 F250 coils from a wrecker-$20
2 2" spacers-$50
Total cost-$70

Total time- About 1 hour.
Not bad for a 4" lift.

Now if you're going to be doing any rock climbing this isnt the lift for you,but if your going to be doing rock climbing you should have the money to do it properly anyway.
But if your just a weekend wheeler that likes to get dirty and climb some hills, this'll be perfect for ya.

any idea if 80' 2wd f250 springs'll fit?? reason is:

i have one. and my cousin wrecked it, but the springs are good, and i want to fit 31's and a winch

i say this because i have:

1" bb & and a set of 31" at's sitting around. now, I can

A: put in the boost and spend a few hund on another set of tires.
B: buy another lift kit and put the 31's on.
C: take my free springs, bb, and a aal. lift my vehichle throw the 31s on and spend the few hund i'm saving to do a m/c brake swap, which is also much needed.

i do mostly snowy hwy drivin. no rc'ing just muddy backroads during the spring. ground clearance is important, articulation is not. plus i'd like to fab some bumpers and put a winch on. i suppose the increased spring rate'll help keep that from sagging.

:sure:

Hmm I'm pretty sure the springs would be the same. I ran the f-250 springs with a 2" spacer on top with 31's and it worked perfect. So if you run the 1" spacer you have from your budget boost on top of the springs you'll be fine.
I still have some pics if you want to see how it sits with 31's?

Its actually not that bad, Its stiff but not unbearabley stiff.Mine actually flex OK. They give a lot more control, as in instead of it bouncing up and down after a bump its just a quick jerk and you've got control again. I've been running them for about a year now, and no complaints so far. I am going to be getting new coils but thats only because I want to go higher.

Back