• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

not the correct forum but...Fabrication of axle dolly and jack

rockwerks

NAXJA Forum User
I was standing in line at ace home center and noticed a cool little lawn wagon that carries 600 lbs, pneumatic tires and and stated thinking how nice it would be to be able to move the heavy axles around, got home and called Ali and told her to pick one up for me.

In its current configuration it works to as you can see to haul the axle around and get close to position to install but still need to be man handled into position onto jacks to install.

my thought was to take apart on of my old floor jacks and install it the center of the cart on a 1 3/4" tube frame that would dip to about 2" off the ground between the tires. on the end of the jack arm would be a U shaped arm that would have an adjustable plate on the center of the jack to raise and lower the pinion angle and for it to set on. the the U arm would go back and cradle the axle tube about 36" wide and have 1 1/4" tube tube cradles that would slide into the U shaped arm to adjust for different pinion lengths

any ideas?
picture.JPG
picture.JPG
picture.JPG

DOH. so simple, but I really just didn't think of using one of those for my swap. :doh: :doh:

So you were at the store when you saw it, but you went home and called the wife to tell her to get one?
brilliant.jpg

Heh-heh. That's Man of the Year material right there! :D

That is a handy little cart though. Any idea how much it cost? I like the tranny jack idea too...

Yucca-Man said:
So you were at the store when you saw it, but you went home and called the wife to tell her to get one?
brilliant.jpg

Heh-heh. That's Man of the Year material right there! :D

That is a handy little cart though. Any idea how much it cost? I like the tranny jack idea too...

well the thought of using it never caught on till I was home and my lil mind was working again. The cart was 54.00, Se was still in town and its a 20 mile round trip to go back, so ya I called her to pick it up form me....saved gas.

Im gonna mod it today and see where it gets me

Back