• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D and C Extreme XJ cage kit questions.

trainwrexj

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.dandcextreme.com/product_template.asp?pkID=126

this thing looks like it could be fairly legit if it were tied into the frame correctly and perhaps had some additional triangulation added to the overhead sections.

could someone with plenty of experience look at this thing and determine if it's worth 425, or if i'd be better off getting something different.

the price certainly seems alright, but i don't really know much about tubing or whatever - so it may be a sham for all i know.

thanks,
walter.

ps - i apologize in advance if my vbcode stuff doesn't work, i'm not terribly familiar with it.

I have the D and C Cage, and IMHO, it's a great start.
It's perfect if you want to stiffen the chassis. If you want more roll-over protection, you need to add gussetts and a few more cross bars. I added a C pillar post and a few gussetts, with more coming soon.

That's a good start for a nice cage.
I started with that cage and added to it.
Seems like I paid $375 for it.
$425 still sounds like a killer deal.

Great cage, that cage will be going in my rig withing the next few months with some added tubing in the right places of course.

jrsxj98 said:
Great cage, that cage will be going in my rig withing the next few months with some added tubing in the right places of course.
Dude, I got your tubing right over......

What about the crawler cage KIT offered from T&J's? I was thinking of starting with that one and adding to it. Any opinions?

-Mike

Mike L said:
What about the crawler cage KIT offered from T&J's? I was thinking of starting with that one and adding to it. Any opinions?

-Mike
Looks like a decent cage, but it needs more triangulation.

Okie Terry said:
Looks like a decent cage, but it needs more triangulation.

No doubt. I was thinking of using it as a starting point and go from there. Life just sucks when you don't have a bender...........

-Mike

upon reading their website more completely, i discovered that this comes set up to put in OVER the carpet - but it also says that if you're not going to do this, to let them know so they can presumably make it a bit longer on the ends.

did any of you who did buy this thing have it done this way, or did you go over the carpet? going over the carpet seems really dumb, IMHO - unless you're bolting the plate straight through to frame gussets or brackets or whatever - and even still i dunno if i'd really WANT that. call me crazy, but having a layer of carpet and insulation in between my cage and the "frame" seems a bit less than sturdy. i know anything helps, but am i thinking the right way here?

thanks,
walter.

Mine is welded to the floor with a backing plate under the floor, as well as bolted through the floor and both plates. As I stated before, this cage is basically a glorified chassis stiffener. To make it a true roll cage, a bit more work is required.

Again, this cage is a good starting point.

okie needs to input on this. perhaps a pic as well. cant quite remember what he said about it.

The cage thay sent was for an XJ with full interior (carpet and headliner).
Mine has no interior.
Basically, I had to add 1" of spacers to each leg of the cage for it to fit.
It sucks that I had to do it, but I had to do it.
Make sure to specify which interior you have.

i looked into asshoger for my cage but you have to be in i think it was Ohio Missouri somewhere like that because asshoger installs it for you. way cool design, i like it alot. only draw back is you have to live in the same state they are at

i just bought an essentially offroad cage. Just recieved it yesterday. Everything looks great so far. it is extremely complete, made of 1.75 .120 dom tube. i got all the options they offered. 8 point, grab handles, gussets, includes all the predrilled mounting plates for the floor, and even has all of the bolts to bolt the plates down. looks like it will have some triangulation. i will get some pics as i work on the install, i am pleased so far

Back