• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how to tell if my tierod ends are bad???

i went to get an alignment today and was told that my inner left tierod was bad i was just wondering how to tell if it really is or not, and should i change all four of them at once or only the ones that are bad. it on a 99 xj sport that im getting ready to lift 3" with a bds kit. its got 145k on it so its just getting broke in.

let me know

thanx.

sorry to hi-jack but im kind of in the same boat and was curious if i could get tierod ends in the parts store or do i have to go the dealer. Lately i've noticed my steering is a little loose and figured replacing these would help.

Any parts store should have them. Your steering might feel a little looser when they go bad. If you jack up the front end and with your hands at 3 and 9 o'clock wiggle the tire back and forth if theyre bad you'll feel play, or have someone watch to see movement. Or if when u are taking them out and it keeps spinning not allowing you to take the nut off. Thats usually a sign. Just do the bad one's unless your anal and got the money then do them all. If an alignment shop only tells u one is bad u can probably trust them

jack up your front end and wiggle your tires side to side and look for anything loose. when my driver side outer tie rod end went out the tire moved a lot side to side. a new end was about 23 bucks at advance. make sure after you change everything to go get it aligned.

Back