• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Bump Stop Questions???? / Help!

I just cleaned the inside of the coil mount on the axle and used epoxy to hold on the pucks, cheap easy and fast, they have been there two years.

x2, i used black RTV, they are on there pretty good too.
BRIANHO13 said:
I just cleaned the inside of the coil mount on the axle and used epoxy to hold on the pucks, cheap easy and fast, they have been there two years.

allthingsoffroad said:
how many do you ed tink i would need with 8" and 35s with the stock bump stops?

I have 6.5" and 35's (fenders are cut) I used two per side I think, you need to cycle your suspension and determine how many you need.

I overkilled mine, I think. I have 3.5 RE and 32s .. stuck four in per side. But I can easily take them out (and it looks like I only need two - opinions welcome!)

I have trimmed the fenders. Using the hockey pucks was an easy and fun job. I went to a local sporting goods store, bought 12 pucks for $12 in a bag. I then drilled through the middle.

I drilled/tapped a 3/8 bolt hole in the center of the spring perch. Easy as pie. Then I used a flat hex head 5" bolt to thread through them. As indicated, I need to probably take out a few to get back some uptravel.

with 6" and longarms and 33's i have 3 per side.
allthingsoffroad said:
how many do you ed tink i would need with 8" and 35s with the stock bump stops?

Does anyone know who makes the bump stop that just sits inside the coil without needing to bolt/glue it down?

cracker said:
Does anyone know who makes the bump stop that just sits inside the coil without needing to bolt/glue it down?
Yeah mine do when the RTV comes loose. lol

I have 4" of lift used 2 pucks on each side clean thing well used liquid nails been there for a year

I have some 318 stainless screws left over from drilling and tapping that area, so I could screw the pucks down. I'll send them to you for cheap if anyone needs them. They're flat head cap screws with a 5/16-18 thread, so you can countersink the top puck to make it all flush and neat. They're long enough for 2 pucks.

jrsxj98 said:
You need to cycle your suspension to see how much your gonna need.

I'm assuming you mean "flex" all the wheels? Well, here's another stupid question - can you have too much bumpstop? How much up-travel should you have?

I guess I should provide specs: 5" lift, 33*12.5s, 4" BS on 15*8s. Now my front end has ~2.5" uptravel in the front after all the bumpstops. Yes, I've trimmed the hell out it (IMO).

Thanks,

DR

norcal420 said:
I'm assuming you mean "flex" all the wheels? Well, here's another stupid question - can you have too much bumpstop? How much up-travel should you have?

I guess I should provide specs: 5" lift, 33*12.5s, 4" BS on 15*8s. Now my front end has ~2.5" uptravel in the front after all the bumpstops. Yes, I've trimmed the hell out it (IMO).

Thanks,

DR

Good question. I am curious as to see what people have to say about this.

Why hasn't anybody mentioned these bad boys. http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/brandpages/jeep/131_0204_coil/ They are currently the only lift I have in the front. However, they can be adjusted to give about 2-4.5 inches of lift. Sure they are more than just a bumpstop and cost a bit over $200, but remember....it's your jeep were talking about.

And yes I plan on getting a real lift to go with these and no that is not my jeep on the website.

allthingsoffroad said:
so wait does your front tire only come off the ground 2.5"?

Between my stock bumpstop, the RE 2" bumpstop and 1 hockey puck there's only about 2.5" between the top and bottom of the bumpstops . . . so yeah, my front uptravel is limited. The rear is worse (i.e. less). Droop is fine I think:
081405%20018.jpg

I've trimmed even more since that photo . . .

DR

Back