• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

thumping/creaking sound

JoesXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, this is random, I installed a RE Super Flex 3.5" lift with rear leafs, new procomp ES3000 shocks, T-case drop and everything runs just fine, no vibes or shakes or wobbles adn it drives better than stock.

I do however have like a creaking sounds comming from the back somewhere, seems more when I make turns (like to a parking lot stall) or go over bumps. I checked all the bolts and everything is nice and tight. What could this be?? I'm stumped?

if you didn't torque the leaf spring mounts/shackles to spec and overtightened then they will squeak, i had the same problem, same kit.

Skullvarian said:
if you didn't torque the leaf spring mounts/shackles to spec and overtightened then they will squeak, i had the same problem, same kit.

they where just cranked on if I remeber correctly, I never thought of that. :twak:
I guess I'll loosen them tonight and torque them on and see if that works.

If that doesn't do it then try either lubing the rear hatch lock catch every week or ditch the rear sway bar.

BingBing said:
If that doesn't do it then try either lubing the rear hatch lock catch every week or ditch the rear sway bar.

Rear sway bar is gone already when I did the lift, its not the hatch, its something outside under, shocks I thought but they seem to be on properly.

Back