• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheel spacers

It actually depends as to why you need them. If you want a set of 4 just to get the wheels out further, then as stated, it's cheaper to buy new wheels.

However, if you are swapping an axle that has a wider width than the other and need to buy 2 in order to match widths, then the spacers become more of a reality. That way, no matter what wheels you have, the width will always be the same.

Depending on the spacer size, you may or may not incurr some additonal stress on the axle bearings or axle itself. It all kind of "depends".

I bought wider wheels...SO, I have a set of really nice Spidertrax 1.25" hunbcentric spacers I will let go cheaply ;). PM me if you go this route.

brandon11130 said:
most of the time they are more expensive than just buying a new set of stealies. but i have never run them so i cant really help you out

What if you dont like steelies and want to keep your stock rims to run 31s or 32s... you need spacers obviously

:doh:
Stonycar said:
What if you dont like steelies and want to keep your stock rims to run 31s or 32s... you need spacers obviously
I couldn't agree more. It's not that I don't like the black steel wheels, but I bought the TJ Canyons (15x8) from a friend right after getting the Jeep a year ago, not realizing that the BS is not appropriate for 33x12.50 tires. Oh well.

Back