• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question on tires and sye, i searched

jeepinxj99

NAXJA Forum User
about to buy my lift this week, looking for some 32's with just black rims 767 or rockcrawlers or something like that, any good sites on the tire/wheel packages?And what sye would be best for a 4.5 in lift?pricing?thanks in advance

What kind of tires, street, snow, mud, rock. Come on give us somethign. You have to have you mind made up before someone can help with with pricing. Anyway how is this modified tech, asking for prices and all?hasta

I just lifted my xj 4.5" and put 32" BFG muds wrapped around American Racing 767's with 4" of backspacing on about a week ago. I've only wheeled it twice with the lift and tires, but I absoloutlely love them so far. I dont know if your looking at mud terrains, but thats what I would reccomend. They wear virtually the same as all terrains, aren't loud at all (as far as BFG's go at least), and offer better traction throughout a broader range of environments.
I paid a little over 900 bucks out the door including tax and new lugs. As for the SYE....well, Im still looking for one myself. HTH man

SYE's don't care what lift your going to get. They range somewhere between $600-800. The one I have is a Tom Woods. Have had no problems with it in any way, shape or form.

As far as tires go, it all depends on what type of driving you're going to do. If its going to be your daily driver and on the street most of the time, I would go with an all terrain or maybe a BFG mud terrain. They are fairly quiet for a mud tire. I would just look at your driving situation and go from there. Off brand tires are just as good as some name brand tires but cost less.

See ya............Mikey

$600-800??? Wow you paid alot. I got mine from TW and paid $400 ($500 initial but got $100 back for core deposit). I'm guessing ny your screen name that you have a 99 which is most likely a 231 TC so you would be in the same boat as me. Also when I got my kit I ordered my shims at the same time and went with the thinner wall DS.

GirlScout1 said:
$600-800??? Wow you paid alot. I got mine from TW and paid $400 ($500 initial but got $100 back for core deposit).

The reason mine cost more was due to the fact that, at the time, the drive line had to be custom made. There was no off the shelf drive lines yet. But from talking to others out here in Ut. that's about the going rate. Now keep in mind that is also having it installed.

crazy4moab said:
The reason mine cost more was due to the fact that, at the time, the drive line had to be custom made. There was no off the shelf drive lines yet. But from talking to others out here in Ut. that's about the going rate. Now keep in mind that is also having it installed.
OK, got it now. Yeah paying to have it installed definately bumps up the price quite a bit.

Trust me, I still feel like I got raped. My buddy got his installed about a month later and it was about $150 cheaper. He got the Curry SYE and they did have the driveline in stock. His was also installed.

............Mikey

Back