• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Steering Control !!! HELP

jeephick85

NAXJA Forum User
I've got s serious problem. i recently jacked my 85 xj 3" for the hell of it, and put 31" tires. ALL the suspension is new. Now the problem is which i had before but wasnt as noticable till i jacked it up and put the tires on it. as im going down the highway bout 55 my sterring is unstable, if i go to pass a car it starts off okay then it jerks out into the direction i want but isnt normal obvioulsy, sometimes it pulls to the left soemtimes to the right. i changed my tie rods recently so i know its not that. i also noticed that sometimes i turn the corner of a street 10- 15 mph and the tires will screetch, not loud but like its trying to go its own way. im just a wonderin what might be wrong with her... thank a lot dudes, great site

I have a wobble in the steerin , like a late response down low, also the steering wheel has always been to the left , since ive had it,been 2 years, so you boys think a good ole alignment on her will make it go better???

adjust your draglink to fix the steering wheel. xj_ranger has a write up on his site about how to do it. i think an alignment would do you some good. get them to take a look at your rod ends and ball joints too.

Back