• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AJ's Rails

xjjeepthing

NAXJA Forum User
I have coresponded with AJ a few times over the last few months about his Rock Rails hopefully will be ready to order some soon. Need your guys input on the style and whether to get the 1/8" or the 3/16". I only wheel a couple times a year most of my offroading is Hunting and backroads. 4" of lift, 31 " tires also have a roof rack. Which rails you guys prefer the Super rails,
The square super rails or the regular 2x2 rails. Thanks

it's only $20 more for the 3/16th's so that's what I went with. I have the super square rock rails and love them. I think they go with the whole boxy XJ look anyways. And yeah they take a serious beating. For $200 you can't beat them.

I also have the 3/16th super rails. Have not come down really hard on them yet, but I have used them as a pivot point a couple times. My only complaint is that getting in and out with the rail sticking so far out is sometimes anoying. I dd my Jeep, but Ive gotten used to it.

Starboard M said:
I also have the 3/16th super rails. Have not come down really hard on them yet, but I have used them as a pivot point a couple times. My only complaint is that getting in and out with the rail sticking so far out is sometimes anoying. I dd my Jeep, but Ive gotten used to it.
That would be great in winter around here. People just seem to fling their doors open all over the place.

That outer rail saved my arse in Moab last week. If it wasnt for the outer rail I would have been on my side.

PA050263.jpg

I had the 3/16" rails and loved them.

Came down hard on them a few times, and nothing moved. Also slid off of a road and hit a fence post with them with no damage(low speed).

Used mine for PLP(parking lot protection) as I park on campus a lot. Lots of paint scuffs on the outer edge, but stil no damage.

Fergie

I use my XJ only a few times a year also for hunting and fishing. I got the 1/8 square rails about 20 months ago and they've worked great. Certainly good enough to get over the occasional boulder or fallen tree. Easy to install, too.

nice feedback. i have the 3/16 super rails showing up tomorrow, cant wait to get them on. what is everyone doing for the finish, POR-15?

I had mine Line-X'd. No chips, nice finish.

I have the 3/16 Super rails adn I love them. I got used to stepping over them, but my wife steps on them. I just rattle canned mine black. That way, touch up is easy.

got RRO rails 1/4" hella beefy. now if they were just smart enough to make a mounting system that didnt let them flex up 1-2" on a hard impact. not to mention aj is cheaper and much nicer too. my friend(laptop guy) has some of his and i'm jealous of course. next time i will have the patience and get the better payoff

I have the 1/8 rails and they have protected my rockers, but they are bent/bowed from the bashing I have giving them. AJ's has a very good product. IMHO

yes i have the 3/16" rails and they have saved my doors several times. Great product and really durable!

copbait said:
nice feedback. i have the 3/16 super rails showing up tomorrow, cant wait to get them on. what is everyone doing for the finish, POR-15?
Since whatever you use will get scratched up, think easiest to repair.
Rattle can.

I have the super squares in 1/8th flavor..
Super beef..
I have yet to install them i will post when i do..

Aaron

Back