• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AJ's Rock Rails

riverfever

NAXJA Forum User
I'm getting ready to order a set of these. I like the 2x2 extended rails b/c I'll be able to access the roof rack easier. I do a lot of camping and fishing and so I keep a lot of gear up top. I haven't done any rock crawling or gnarly trails yet. If I were to get comfortable enough with off-roading, would these rails be a bad choice? I only ask b/c they hang out a bit and might get caught on rocks. Also...should I look at 1/8" or 3/16"? Thanks.

-Chris

sidriptide said:
that also keeps those rocks that much farther away from your body panels.

mine stick out and they work great. wouldnt mind if they flared out a little more in the back even to help get my rear tire around things. i dont like the ones that go right under, not enough protection if you ask me. cant comment on the thickness, mine are 1/4"

I love mine!
Jeepddddd.jpg

You will love them, they make accessing the roof a breeze! You WANT them to stick out for protection of your lower rockers. I have a set of AJ's Super Rails, good stuff!

riverfever said:
I'm getting ready to order a set of these. I like the 2x2 extended rails b/c I'll be able to access the roof rack easier. I do a lot of camping and fishing and so I keep a lot of gear up top. I haven't done any rock crawling or gnarly trails yet. If I were to get comfortable enough with off-roading, would these rails be a bad choice? I only ask b/c they hang out a bit and might get caught on rocks. Also...should I look at 1/8" or 3/16"? Thanks.

-Chris

ROCK rails, bad for off-roading? please tell me you are joking...

Yeah...I kinda figured that rocker protection, in general, was a good idea. I was really referring to the brand and, more specifically, what thickness I should consider. Thanks for your kick a$$ input though.

a quick search would provide lots of positive feedback on AJ's rails, and I think there's even another active thread on the same exact subject

>8)

That would have worked for your first response instead of the condescending reply. The majority of the threads pertaining to rock rails deal with brand preferences not thickness.

Thanks mikecooper...that was way helpful.

Last edited:
Mike I apologize for being unclear. I was talking to copbait. Yours helped.

I enjoyed my communications with AJ, he is very nice an timely..
He did have problems with his email for a bit but that didnt stop the deal! His web site has a forum on it and thats how we communicated for a minute...

The product is super beefy SUPER BEEF i have the super squares in the 1/8th...
Ayways hes really cool
thumbs up.... :wave:

Aaron

BTW please use search button.. search button= friend hasta

I was trying to order some of AJs rails and a front winch numper. He answered a few of my emails giving me prices. When I called to place the order, I repeatedly left my return number for him to call me back. After about 4 days of this I finally ordered the rails and bumper from Custom 4X4 Fabrication. I already have the rails and love them. They look great and performed even better at Paragon last weekend.

copbait said:
Heh I was just giving you a hard time bud, no worries ;)

It's all good. I'm so thrilled with the way my Jeep is coming together after all this time. I just got done putting on some goodies. Tomorrow I need to do the SYE and new driveshaft. I'll post pics of all the installs afterwards.

I hope AJ is there to take my calls b/c I like his design and what I've heard about his stuff. I'll be ordering them Monday. Then I will conquer the world. Thanks guys.

Chris

PAXJ89 said:
I was trying to order some of AJs rails and a front winch numper. He answered a few of my emails giving me prices. When I called to place the order, I repeatedly left my return number for him to call me back. After about 4 days of this I finally ordered the rails and bumper from Custom 4X4 Fabrication. I already have the rails and love them. They look great and performed even better at Paragon last weekend.
Sorry to hear that, reason why I don't have a phone number listed on my site yet. Been having personal issues with significant other and not getting messages (fun game for her I guess). At least you ended up getting something from a quality company that you're happy with.

Back