• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which Lift? (Yes I Searched, Want Current Opinions)

KY-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am in dire need for some new shocks so I figure why not go ahead and do a lift since it won't cost all that much more. I have 29x10.5 Trxus STS Radials and I have been considering these lifts.

RE 2" BB AAL 219.95 shipped
Rusty 3" AAL 245.00+ship
Also considering a BDS lift, but waiting on pricing.

Would the 3" lift look stupid with 29" tires? Should I stick with the RE 2" BB.

Thanks!

well the 3" will sit high for a while.. ive got mine and it sits round 5.5. i have 30" muds and they dont look right at all.. if your going to go for the rustys get the full springs. the AAL will sagg after a while and you will need to replace it. Get 31s or 32s for that lift

as for the 2" bb 30s will be fine under that. dump the 29s and think bigger. even 29s may look stupid under there imho

2 inch BB with 235 BFG A/T ( Not RE, Roughly 29 inches ). Looked ok.
Jeeppics001.jpg

Rustys 3 inch minutes after install, sat at about 5 inches in rear, full leaf packs, now around 4. 30 inch BFG muds. Looks good to me, 31s would look better but still good.
P3250027.JPG

Well, I can't "dump" the 29's because they are not even a week old. I think I do need some more clearance under the 'small' 29's and my springs are not sagging. I did measure.

Jeep%20Cherokee%20030.jpg

about 6" of lift and 235's that measure about 28.5

4g41ug

After reading what XJ Ranger wrote in the link provided above, I am thinking of going with the Teraflex 1.5" BB with is spacers and shackles or Rustys 2" BB with shackles. I plan on going bigger in the future so I won't be wasting my money on the shackles at least if not the spacers as well (depends on if I use them). Of course later would be 1.5-2 years down the road.

Back