• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A Big Public Thanks To:

Captain Ron

NAXJA Forum User
Doctor Rollins and Andy Stiener for getting the ball rolling with my T-Case issue, and planning advise.

Everyone that called to offer help... Jeremy, Ryan, Dan, Johnny, Remi, Avery, and alot of others. I had no less than 10 messages on my phone when I finally got service.

TRNDRVR Dan for making the stop to pick up parts on the way down to Moab.

Jeremy and Cody for getting up butt early on a Sunday to pull a T-Case and shaft... and giving it unique colors. :D

Ardis for putting up with trips 2 and 3 across Utah to retrive Jeep.

Dan again for leaving a 242 in Moab a year ago. :D

Dan again for making the very convoluted arrangements for getting at said 242.

Tom Woods. What can I say? The guy bent over backwards to help out, got us access to his sons shop, which was closed, via the landlord, etc., etc., etc... Enjoy the package! :D

Doctor Rollins, Andy Stiener, G, Stacy from Texas, Dan, and the folks that I've missed that hung around offering help and advise while the T-Case surgery took place.

If you need to do this kind of thing, Doctor Rollins is indespensable, and I own ya... but the SoCal guys already know this.

There are others, you know who you are, and I will not forget the help along the way.

If anyone reading this has not done a NAXJA event, know this. You will not find a better group of people to wheel with, and trust me, if something happens on the way or while you are there, they will find a way...

--ron

Okay...a thanks thread...let me try to think here...

Ron for letting me drive his junk, break his junk, and drive it back.

Ardis for putting up with me.

TNT Bob, sean, and Logdog Bob for good trail leading.

Natalie for drawing the right ticket.

Ron and birthday boy John for the beer.

Sean and company for the burgers and brats.

Ryan and company for the pasta.

Natalie for drawing the right ticket again ;).

Remi for being Avery's bitch.

Captain Ron said:
There are others, you know who you are, and I will not forget the help along the way.
If anyone reading this has not done a NAXJA event, know this. You will not find a better group of people to wheel with, and trust me, if something happens on the way or while you are there, they will find a way...

--ron

Your very welcome Ron. and to all, Ron hit it right on the head, There is no better group to wheel with!

Heck yea all of you guys made this trip a good time
we couldn't have done it with out all of the good trail leader thank you all
and Avery for helping me work on my junk

Last edited:
Hey I want in on this. :) I'd like to thank Ron for showing up at the Hotel with the trailer to drag my MJ over to the shop (ie Slickrock Campground) and all the shade tree types, Sequoia in particular, for getting my ratty old P.O.S. up and running for the next day and the drive home which it made O.K except for the quart of oil per tank of gas leaving through the airbox (still working on that one). I guess keeping his ratty old P.O.S. running has tought Sequoia some useful stuff;). Hopefully I'll have a new motor in it in the not too distant future. Another big thanks to Crackers bitch for the tool and outer shaft loan and the feild repair guidance. Also thanks to all those contributing on the runs, meals etc. and even the slackers like myself that just sponged off all the generous folks who showed me how ill equiped I was on my first big trip. I learned tons about what I should bring next time out.

Geepfreak said:
Ron hit it right on the head, There is no better group to wheel with!

Apparently that isn't true if you're on a run with Dr Moab, so I here:laugh3: That was my first NAXJA event and had a great time finally getting to meet a lot of you. The wheeling wasn't too shabby either. Even better is that my wife is already talking about wanting to stay longer next year!
-Joe :cheers:

my mother always said that if you make them wait long enough then they will eat anything! Lucky for us the meal was quite delicious and well worth waiting for! Thanks guys!!!

DrMoab said:
I would like to thank everyone for not trying to strangle me. I'm sorry the dinner was an hour late!

GSequoia said:
Let me know when you do your engine swap - I may have already swapped one into mine by then and can give you any pointers I run across ;)
Thanks for the offer, I'm sure I'll be pulling my hair out in no time with that project.

Back