• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adding a AAL to A 4.5" pack

BRIANHO13

<- Yum Chocolate
What Would happen?

Here's the deal I am Running a 4.5" pack Revolvers and 1" block (about 6" total). I want to get rid of the revlovers and the block, but don't want to spend 300 on a new 6-6.5" pack. Talked to Rusty's and they say adding a 3" aal would increase ride height by 3", I am just having a hard time wraping my head around this.

I also have 2 sets of waggy rears springs that I could butcher if needed.

Sorry should have been a little more specific. I understand how all the mechanics work, I was wondering if anyone has added a 3" AAL or any AAL to an already lifted pack and what the outcome was.

the outcome was... more lift!! what else would you expect??

the ride gets a little harsher though.

I would just think the 3" aal would have a little less arch than the 4.5" pack therefore acting in the opposite direction.

BRIANHO13 said:
I would just think the 3" aal would have a little less arch than the 4.5" pack therefore acting in the opposite direction.

maybe - the reason that i posted that link was this -

adding the leaf may or may not help you - the only way to know is throw it all togehter and figure it out

use a grade 8 center pin to mess around - a leaf spring centerpin will strip with repeated use...

here is another thread of interest...

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50083&page=2&pp=30&highlight=bastard+leaf

Back