• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

01 Cherokee

Arokcrwlr

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, I'm new here and I don't yet have a Jeep, but I have an opportunity to purchase a 01 60th Anniversary Edition 4x4 for $8250. It has 77k miles and is in excellent condition. Is it a fair price? It is quite a bit fancier than I was looking for - it is mainly for my kids to drive and it will probably get modified at some point with lift, tires, lockers, etc... I have a highly modified rock crawler and I envision my son trying to keep up with me :).

Anyway, I guess I need someone who is more familiar with these rigs to tell me that it's a good deal. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply - I think I'm gonna pull the trigger.

It will take more than 33s and lockers to keep up, but it's a start :)

Thanks again.

Arokcrwlr said:
Thanks for the reply - I think I'm gonna pull the trigger.

It will take more than 33s and lockers to keep up, but it's a start :)

Thanks again.

with 33's and 6" lift and lockers an xj can do class 4+trails easily

what is your built rig?

73 early bronco stretched to 110" wheelbase, dana 60 ft, 9" rear, 4.88's, 38" TSL/SX, dual transfercase, detroits ft/rr, and on and on and on....

Arokcrwlr said:
73 early bronco stretched to 110" wheelbase, dana 60 ft, 9" rear, 4.88's, 38" TSL/SX, dual transfercase, detroits ft/rr, and on and on and on....

sounds like it will be close then......LOL the cherokee will amaze you

Well I bought the Jeep last night. Nice ride - I think it will be a lot of fun.

Regarding their ability, I know they do well off road. I am looking forward to working on it with my boys. XJnation, thanks for the replies.

IM building on an 01 right now, started several days ago will be moving forward now the atlas II finally showed up. front DP 35 spline 60 and rear 60, TNT y-link, yada yda yada

Yeah, I hear you. I didn't anticipate spending that much. There were so many turds I looked at and this one is so clean with low mileage I felt I couldn't pass.

I don't know how quick parts will get replaced. I will help, but the majority of whatever mods get done will be up to my son earning the funds, so it may stay stock for a while.

Back