• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix wiring for 4.0L swap!

What year YJ? Is it carburated? What tranny, flywheel and bell housing? If your gonna try and keep the fuel injection, alll is a four letter word. It really isn't that complicated, but there are a whole bunch of wires. Pretty much everything except the front light wiring, which is bundled with some of the motor harness. The three front harnesses (with the components, ignition module, relays and such), a good wiring diagram, a box of colored pencils and a lot of patience. If you have a printer that can blow up the diagrams, it will make it easier.
There are guys that have been trying to figure out the whole system for 17 or 18 years and still get surprised on occasion. Some of the wiring, is spliced under the wrapping and in some places wire color changes at a connector (though this more common in the rear vehicle harness).
Don't forget the gas tank also, your gonna need the fuel pump.
I´m probably gonna do the same, when I find a good YJ body with a blown motor. I´m also gonna stick an AW4 (and wiring) in there, which will make hooking up the crank position sensor a whole lot easier.

The short answer is that you need the entire underhood harness, and the ECU.

A friend of mine did this a couple of years ago. He started off trying to use a harness from an XJ in a junkyard. He's the shop foreman and best electrical tech at a VW dealership, and he gave up. He bought a harness made for the purpose from HESCO. Pricey, but it went right in and it worked when he fired it up.

OK OK, ill just get a friend to help me. He's done it before. No stranger to experimental $hit on the heep!
Ive got the e-pump figured out.
Ive got the AW4 in and been running it for a year now without any wiring. Time to swap to EFI engine and TCU from the XJ.

Justin

So hesco makes a Renix harness eh??? i would have bought one instead of remaning the one i have.. (soldering all connections sealing them eliminating c101 etc...)

Back