• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seat upgrade question

Cobound

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '92 XJ w/ grey interior. I've seen newer '99 Leather seats that I'd like to put in mine if possible.

What are the mods I'd need to do to accomodate this upgrade?

The seats come w/ matching door panels and I'd also like to put those on...I have power windows/locks. Will these mount, match?

Last: If I can't get my hands on these seats has anyone ever dropped in a set of Grand Cherokee seats in their XJ? Mods needed?

Thanx,

B

I am also interested in GC seats but I have heard that Honda/Acura seats are easy to swap in. Its rumored in the Jeep world that their flat base allows you to easily adapt them to other brackets. I am going to verify this by looking at various Hondas this week. I'll let you know what I find, unless someone chimes in. I don't want leather but a more comfortable seat and cheap. Since ricers always like to install shiny crap and "race seats" you could pick up a cheap pair of Civic seats.

I don't neccesarily need leather either...just a nice clean comfy seat.

Keep me posted.

Back