• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oops

Pogiboy

NAXJA Forum User
I accidentally put my passengers side shackel on backwards when installing my 3inch leaf packs. Its been about a month and now and the divers side sits much lower then the passengers side. One is this a problem to have the shackel backwards and two could this be the cause of my lopsidded lift. Thanks

Nope, just the OEM shackel. It looks to lean a little more forward then the drivers side shackel. Also one of my full leaf packs I installed had a tiny bit more arch in it. So i guess it could need to settle a little more. Just want to know if its ok to have a shackel backwards. Cause I dont really want to mess with it.

P.S. At least we DID NOT have to wait 5 years!!!

Pogiboy said:
Nope, just the OEM shackel. It looks to lean a little more forward then the drivers side shackel. Also one of my full leaf packs I installed had a tiny bit more arch in it. So i guess it could need to settle a little more. Just want to know if its ok to have a shackel backwards. Cause I dont really want to mess with it.

P.S. At least we DID NOT have to wait 5 years!!!
I don't completely remember, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter how you install it.

Unless you got boomerang shackles, It shouldnt matter which way you put them on. (I think) If you want a fix, put the otherone on backwards and it will sag to where the other one is. Problem solved. :)

Back