• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well, all good things must come to an end

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
And I'm already home. It's been a long drive, but not that bad. Left Moab at 9:30 Utah time and got into OC, CA at 12:15 CA time.
Remi
P.S. Avery didn't blow a tranny mount, it was a bent tierod which caused toe in and most likely very misbalanced tires (he's missing some chunks out of them). Anyways got the tape measure alignment done which seemed to have helped significantly (Although didn't cure it all) and we got him home.

Last edited:
I left Moab at 1:30 and was home by 3:00 :laugh3:

Wow that was incredible, thanks to everyone who helped me convert my poser jeep to a somewhat respectable offroad jeep. Thanks Ron for the welding. Mike, Andy, Remi, Troy, Willy, Bob, and all others thanks for the spotting and other help. I cant wait for the next event. Left Moab at 330am got to KC at 700pm

Last edited:
Kejtar said:
P.S. Avery didn't blow a tranny mount, it was a bent tierod which caused toe in and most likely very misbalanced tires (he's missing some chunks out of them). Anyways got the tape measure alignment done which seemed to have helped significantly (Although didn't cure it all) and we got him home.

I still think the tranny mount was shot though. Since we put on the spare the tranny seems to sit a lot tighter under there. My tie rod does have a slight curve to it too.

It was pretty funny. I had a vibration that lasted 48-60 MPH and at 65-80 I was fine. So going up the hills I had to be too slow or two fast.

Thanks for a great trip everyone.

left moab at noon sat. MST... rolled into cortez, co. about 11pm after a long ride over ophir pass and into telluride during a snowstorm... 11am outta cortez and stopped at 3:30am texas time 2ish hours from home... got home mon. morning 9:30am CST... that's a long drive ya know...

i'll pass on the winter weather advisories next year... that makes the passes near impassable... i had weather from cortez, co. to clayton, nm., rain, sleet, snow or some combination of those...

Back