• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Something new everyday?

fftrmedic

NAXJA Forum User
After having my 92 XJ sport for 4 years, I've learned something new about it. Today I was going through my glovebox and found a sticker that was stuck to the bottom of it. It read; This vehicle contains a Locking rear differential and so on. I knew it had a Dana but that was it. Has anyone heard of an '90's XJ sport coming stock with a locking rear diff ? Jason

If you change the diff lube you must add some limited slip friction modifier to the diff to get the longest life and proper operation from the Trac-Lok. Most parts stores have it. Tell them u need posi additive. It is usually in small tubes next to the diff lube jugs.

And if someone changed the lube at some point they might not have put it in if they didn't realize they had to. There is also a rebuild kit for it if it's toasted..
The additive is also really nasty smelling so if it smells worse than gear oil it probably has it in there.

Back