• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feedback -> 3" Black Diamond lift kit

MyJeepXJ

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.4wheelerssupply.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/1581

Its a nice height, and a nice setup, for a nice price!

I know the BD name, its recognized and respected, but I did want feedback on this kit.

Also, as a side note, Im getting really good MPG on 225 tires, Im thinking of the lift and tires, either 235's or 30". I am not wanting bigger than 30", and I already have a very good idea of how its going to look when its done, but really thats the look Im after.

The question to the above, what MPG might I expect with my rig and 30" tires? (Im mainly in town, with some occasional highway) (4.0L, OD trans and 3.55 gears)

Thanks in advance for any replies..
Andrew

By really good, what do you mean? I'd expect it to go down about 2-3 Mpg with bigger tires. I went from 215's to 31's and actually went up in mileage, but that's because I put on a new O2 sensor and tuned it up.

Its not a very good looking kit.AAL's,straight LCA's w/ poly bushings.
bdxj3-210x150.jpg

That was my first kit about 5 years ago. This was before they were bought out, but the kit looks identical to mine, minus the bar pin eliminators. The shocks were way to stiff, the coils were way too stiff, the control arm bushings wore out after about 10000 miles with very little offroading, and the add a leafs sagged over an inch in under six months. For only three inches, I think you could homebrew a much better lift package yourself. That's eventually what I ended up doing...

Back