• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

putting on front tow hooks need some help

Semper Fi

NAXJA Forum User
A couple of days ago I was reading a post that had details on how to put on the front tow hooks, and how to take off the front bumper. Does anyone know where I can find that post again? Thanks

this is a different article than the one I read, but it will work just the same. Thanks for your help!!

mini-hijack, d-rings you might consider...

Mike

Get some D rings and buy some material that fits the opening in the D ring. Drill the mounting holes to match the holes in the stock tow hooks. I work in a Machine Shop and narrowed some oversize material to fit.
d3.jpg

Sorry, should have elaborated.

Ordered C4X4 f/r bumpers about five years ago, w/D-ring option (I think it was an option).

Anyways, much more peace of mind pulling out a stuck elderly lady during last *snowstorm" vs. tow hooks (100% enclosure of tow strap vs. tow hooks).

BTW, Get the 2" D-Ring receiver thing for the hitch, only wish I ordered that option for the f/bumper when I placed my C4X4 order :speepin:

Mike

I measured the inside width of the frame rail and cut a piece of plate 5-6" long. I drilled holes to match a two hook and then dropped the front bumper and slid the plate in and marked holes to be drilled in the frame. After all holes were drilled i bolted it all together. It will hold up quite well for a tow point for the front.

Craig

ferget Yodas, funny-bones are far superior, even to those exalted muffins... :wierd:

Back