• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

puzzle +1

MaineJeepah

NAXJA Forum User
I figure there is something that I just don't understand here... OBD code 33 (there is NO relay in the AC relay spot)... Here's what we got...

92 MJ, 2.5L, manual Starts and runs... When it warms up for 10 minutes the MJ stalls out. The voltage at the battery drops... 14, 11, 9, 5 volts... WTF? The motor dies, the lights dim, basicallly all of the electrical cut out.

This is recently purchased, Very USED truck. The Alt. and Batt have been tested and are A-OK.

Is there a relay I should be looking for? Any thoughts on the voltage drop?

BTW- If I put the battery charger onto the batt when it starts to slow and stall, the engine picks back up.

Done Many searches... I like to learn and have no wish to waste your time or mine... I don't beleive it has an alarm system, But I'm not certain.

Last edited:
What do you get when you drop a known-good battery in it? Something tells me it will work...

Nothing that simple could ever work... :)

I'll try it tonight, haven't had a chance to pick up a new one.

I know nothing that simple should work; that's why old_man was so aggravating when he did that to me a few years ago...I had a supposedly good battery (Checker Auto tested it good) that wouldn't even turn the engine over. He pulled his XJ battery out and mine fired right up. Apparently it had a cracked plate or something...

Hey, I never got that battery back, come to think about it. :laugh3:

Dontchoo be startin' none of that! We drove it over to Checker and you got it back that night, only to be replaced with an Optima at some point. How's the body swap coming along? Need a hand next weekend?

What's the deal, got some time on your hands? I've been doing it an hour at a time.

How embarassing... I said to myself, SELF you should just go get the battery and give it a shot... it's not like you can't use another battery kicking around...

The F-ing battery worked wonders. Started right up, and has done so for many multiple starts. NUTS. Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate the simplicity of the solution.

Grand total: $475. 92 Comanche 2wd Not rust, 4cyl, 5spd. Pretty good deal if I do say so myself.

Back